[Anubad] Approved to join translation team: Bengali (India)

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 05:54:17 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Diego Búrigo Zacarão
<diegobz at transifex.com> wrote:

> Once in a while I go through all the available languages on Transifex
> and check for the open requests, in order to identify idle coordinator
> and get more people involved. Before adding a user to a team, I always
> check this previous activities on Transifex. Once the guy was already
> contributing to another project, I just approved his request. There
> was nothing special about it. Actually there were 2 requests, but I
> just approved 1 for nb_IN.
>
> I didn't know the bn_IN had such rules. If you prefer, I can skip this
> procedure for bn_IN in the future, if you promise to always take care
> of such requests. :)
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience.

Most language communities have a step whereby a contributor is asked
to request ie. prove some credentials. As Dimitri explained, this was
for Transifex and not Fedora. I am assuming that Dimitri, yourself and
Ratnadeep (who is the other coordinator [idle?]) have seen this in
other projects. I am a bit puzzled that neither of you decided it was
prudent to "ask".

I take it amiss and a bit of over-reaching by Transifex team. The next
time please reach out to the coordinators. At least for bn_IN if not
for others. And, in this case, please revert the change.

<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>