[Anubad] New translator for XFCE - Dipjyoti Ghosh

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 02:01:58 PDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Dip <dipjyoti.ghosh at gmail.com> wrote:

> It feels great to join you all. I am Dipjyoti and would be working on the
> translation
> for XFCE. Have been working on Linux for sometime now but this would be my
> first
> work with the community and it feels great.
>
> Thanks Runa for introducing me. Looking forward to work with you all.

While Runa approves your request to join the team on the XFCE
Transifex, you could start by looking at
<https://translations.xfce.org/projects/p/xfce/r/xfce-4-8/l/bn_IN/>
You'll note that not much has been done by way of translations. If you
are new to translation/localization I'd request you to begin with a
file with a smaller number of strings, translate that and let us know
so that we can give it a look over. The Transifex instance for XFCE
has its own online editor (Lotte) so it should be possible for you to
translate from the web browser itself. If you'd like to use desktop
tools to undertake translations, Runa would be able to suggest a few.

<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>