[Project-ideas] Implementing WordNet in Bengali.

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 01:21:56 PDT 2013

Hi,

I apologize about the tardiness in responding so late. Had it not been
for the fortunate intervention of being poked to respond, I'd have
ended up missing this thread.

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 8:29 AM, soumen ganguly
<soumendotganguly at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am Soumen Ganguly,currently pursuing B.Tech from Netaji Subhash
> Engineering College,kolkata.
> I wanted to discuss about the prospect of presenting a Bengali Wordnet whose
> idea could be borrowed from WordNet which is a Lexical Database for the
> English language,developed at the Princeton university.Currenty,it is
> available in only one Indic language,Hindi.
> A Bengali Lexical database could be used in many fields which include
> NLP,Machine Learning so on and so forth.Thus,something like this would be a
> great tool.

Oh! This is prescient. How do you intend to proceed with this? Your
email does not provide much detail about the plans and, those I'd be
very interested in learning more about.

<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>