[Project-ideas] Application for GSOC'13

Anand Dhandhania ananddhandhania11 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 23:51:23 PDT 2013

Hi Bhavani,

These are the answer to your questions -

1) Filter Design :
Median filters (non-linear) will give much better results when the noise is
large impulses. I implemented few filtering techniques in matlab, using
different kinds of noises, and found that by selecting different window
sizes, i was able to get better results from Median Filter.

For eg :- In case of large impulses (salt & pepper), small window sized
median filter performed  better. But with speckles, averaging filter gave
good results, although i was able to compensate the effect by increasing
window size in median filter. Although image gets blurred, but in our case
it won't effect much as we only need the shape of image.

Following this, i infer that we should use median filters.

2) I would like to generate algorithms to detect styles using a combination
of AI and neural networks.

Thanks  & Regards

Anand Dhandhania
School of Computing & Electrical Engg.