[Project-ideas] Project ideas

satish reddy satishreddy1351 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 02:29:26 PDT 2013

Hello,

My name is Satish Reddy. I am a pre-final year student at
BITS Pilani,Pilani Campus and I wish to participate in GSoc 2013. I am an
experienced programmer and i have got a sound knowlege in
Python,C,Php,Java.
I have built web applications based on python and php and currently working
on Data Analysis and spam filtering using Support Vector Machines.
I am interested in Artificial Intelligence, Graphs and Networks and Web
Technologies.

I was going through the pages of participating organisations, and
developing speech based applications
being my area of interest, Ankur India has caught my attention.Previously I
have developed an application in python
that takes 'text' as user input and returns the corresponding 'speech' from
the database. 'Speech based query and result retrieval system for Indian
languages' from the ideas page is closely related to my application and
hence i feel I have the required experience to work for the project.
I am able to commit 45 hours per week to the project.
Yes I am comfortable in English and also i'am well versed in Hindi,Telugu
and a bit of Tamil and also have a good knowledge of their scriptures.
I am a first time applicant for GSOC and would be thankful if anyone could
guide me further regarding these projects.

----

Satish Reddy,
M.Sc(Hons.) Mathematics
BITS Pilani,Pilani Campus