[Project-ideas] Project Idea

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 17:04:37 PDT 2013

Hi Suriya,

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM, Suriya Singh <singh.suriya at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. My name is Suriya Singh. I completed B.tech in Computer Science and
> Engineering from Lovely Professional University in 2012.  I am seeking for
> an opportunity to work on Speech Recognition System for Indian languages. I
> have done projects in C, C++ using OpenGL and OpenCV. And recently in J2EE
> using mySQL, AJAX, JSP.

I am assuming that you have read the eligibility criteria for
participation and, meet the requirements.

> 2. I am interested in the project "Add a language for Speech Recognition
> software for Bengali Language" as this project matches with my research
> goals.

It would help us to know a bit more about what you have been doing -
how this matches with your research goals and, your familiarity with
this topic.

> 3. I'll be able to work full time 10 to 12 hours a day.

:) That's nearly half-a-day, per day. I'd suggest that you have a more
realistic approach to assessment of availability.

> 4. I'm passionate about open source, Designing Algorithm and Data Structures
> and Speech Recognition. I've few classes a day that wouldn't be a problem.
> I'm willing to work hard on this project.

Have you undertaken some work before? Or, you may have presented on
this somewhere?

/sankarshan

<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>