[Project-ideas] [GSoC 2013]: Project Ideas

Arpit Goyal arpitgoyal2008 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 01:15:37 PDT 2013

Hello,

I am Arpit Goyal, presently in 5th year of a dual degree program (Bachelors
of Technology + Masters of Technology) in Electrical Engineering Department
at IIT Delhi. I am quite interested in contributing to open source
development.

After looking upon the project ideas, I am interested in following 2
projects:

1) Add a language model for speech recognition software for Bengali
language: For past 3 years, I have been working in the field of speech
processing with lots of projects done on speech recognition, text-to-speech
synthesis, etc. for Hindi language. Thus, I would like to work on this
project now to contribute for Bengali language.

2) Speech based query and result retrieval system for Indian languages: As
mentioned above, I have the required skills and interests to work in this.

I don't know if any further project ideas can be proposed but I want to do
so now. I have worked upon text-to-speech synthesis for Hindi language
using Hidden Markov Models (Statistical Parameter Synthesis of speech). I
would like to try that for Bengali and I had also proposed a new addition
(STRAIGHT Model) that enhances the quality of synthesized speech.

Please see to above and reply with more details on it.

Thanks and Regards,
Arpit Goyal
5th Year Dual-Degree Student,
Electrical Engineering Department,