[Project-ideas] GSOC 2013 - Project : "Add a language model for speech recognition software for Bengali language"

manish sharma manish09.iitroorkee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 00:08:10 PDT 2013

Hey Members !!

Hope you guys are doing well and things are going fine at your end !!

My name is Manish Sharma and I am a student of Computer Science Dept. IIT
Roorkee.
First of all Congratulations for getting selected in GSOC 2013.
I have recently gone through the exciting project ideas for GSOC 2013 (
https://github.com/ankur-india/ankur-india/wiki/Project-Ideas).

*Add a language model for speech recognition software for Bengali language.
*I found this idea very nice and want to work on it with you guys in gsoc
2013.

Current Open source speech recognition softwares:

1) CMU Sphinx.
2) Julius.
3) Simon.

Simon uses Julius and new released Simon 0.4 includes support for CMU
Sphinx. It uses Voxforge English model as a base model. Currently I am
looking into this base model.

I have previously interned in Microsoft India Development Center where I
worked on Cloud Scalablity testing tools.

I have also worked in javascript and Python.
I have developed four chrome extensions in javascript . Three of them
didn't succeed but the fourth one is doing good.
It is *youtube series downloader* (
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/youtube-series-downloader/jghmjoeoeedipbgbgofflfgcfpineanf?hl=en
).
I have contributed in open source projects in Python.

Looking forward to an early response from you guys :)

Thanks
Manish Sharma