[Project-ideas] GSOC 2013 Introduction

Atanu Ghosh atanu1991 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 21:54:24 PDT 2013

Hi,

My name is Atanu Ghosh and I am currently a 4th year undergraduate student
in RV College of Engineering Bangalore.

My research interests include Machine learning, data mining and NLP.

One of my projects is up here on github.

https://github.com/atanu1991/recommender-system-on-hadoop

My other projects include my internships In MindTree and LinkedIn, but they
were not opensource.
Currently I am interning in HP working on OpenStack, which is an IaaS cloud
computing project.

Being a Bengali I would like to popularize and digitize my mother tongue as
this is necessary for people with less knowledge of other languages.

I would like to contribute to Ankur towards what they are doing.

After going through the project ideas I have decided to work on this one.

"Add a language model for speech recognition software for Bengali language"

I was looking up at CMUSphinx for the same.I would like to know if there is
any other software to look up at or any other important references.

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Atanu