[Project-ideas] [GSoC]: Editor for DTD Translations

Sayak Sarkar sayak.bugsmith at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 09:50:39 PDT 2012

Hey Folks,

Even I was a bit apprehensive of the fact that Gtranslator is not in
fact actively maintained anymore, instead Lokalize has gained more
popularity and is maintained better, and as such I would be looking
into it also.

My basic understanding about Lokalize is that it is quite similar to
Gtranslator functionality/workflow wise.

As far as programming languages are concerned, it is my understanding
that Python and Javascript should be the preferred language of choice
for developing extensions for Lokalize. This may prove to be a good
learning experience for me also as I'm currently trying to learn
python on my own and am through some of the basics and hope to catch
on the rest of it before the actual coding period for the program
starts.

Also one more doubt that I've is regarding setting the milestones for
the project. Since I don't have any prior experience in extensions
development, hence I'm a bit confused about how the milestones should
be set. I would highly appreciate it if someone could give me some
suggestions regarding setting the milestones.

Awaiting your feedback on the above,

Regards,
Sayak

About Me:http://about.me/sayak_sarkar