[Project-ideas] (no subject)

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 22:10:14 PDT 2012

Hi Shiladitya,

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:57 PM, Shiladitya Mandal
<admin at shiladityamandal.co.cc> wrote:
> I am student of BITS Pilani Goa campus and I am interested in doing a
> project on Bangla OCR for GSOC 2012.   I do have a keen interest in image
> processing and I am also doing a course on it this semester. But I have been
> mostly coding in MATLAB. I am well versed in languages like C,C++ and Java.
> As GSOC is open source I cannot use Matlab. So should I start using OpenCV?
> Or some other software?

There are two specific project ideas listed around OCR. At this point
you'd probably want to select one and begin a first draft of your
proposal which includes what you'd want to achieve, the milestones and
dates along with your assessment of what the problem statement
actually is.

<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>