[Project-ideas] Is "Cross Language Text Re-use" idea open to Hindi (another Indic language)?

Amber Jain i.amber.jain at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 13:15:54 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm Amber Jain. I'm a Computer Applications PG student from International
Institute of Professional Studies (Devi Ahilya University), Indore (MP).
I recently took and successfully completed https://www.ai-class.com/ and
http://www.ml-class.org/, which were taught by Stanford professors (my
score and other details are listed in my Resume/Vitae which is available at
http://cloud.github.com/downloads/amberj/amberj-resume/amberj_resume.pdf).
I'm now taking Stanford University's Probabilistic Graphical Models (
http://www.pgm-class.org/) and Natural Language Processing (
http://www.nlp-class.org/) and Caltech's Learning from Data (
http://work.caltech.edu/telecourse.html) classes (which are the obvious
next-steps after taking AI and ML courses).
More details about me (my projects, publications etc.) are linked from my
home: http://amberj.devio.us/.

I was looking at project ideas list for Ankur India. And I'm interested in
contributing to the "Improving models for Cross Language Text Re-use" idea
(as listed on http://ankur.org.in/projects/project-ideas/). But before I
discuss my proposal with the mentor and submit a GSoC proposal, I'll like
to know if this idea is open to text reuse between Hindi and English
languages. Unfortuantely, I only speak/understand English and Hindi
languages and most other ideas (on ankur.org.in) are tightly tied to
Bengali languages. So, I thought of confirming this here before discussing
this with mentor.

Is the idea "Improving models for Cross Language Text Re-use" open to text
reuse between Hindi and English languages?

Thanks...

With regards,
--
Amber Jain