[Project-ideas] Language Model for Speech Recognition

Rabi Shanker Guha guha.rabishankar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 07:21:11 PDT 2012

hello,

I am willing to work on Language Model for Speech Recognition as my SoC
Project. However since it is a research driven project I wanted to ask what
approach to take?

Approach 1: First implement known techniques such as N-grams, Smoothing and
Corrections on N-Grams, HMM, etc. Then read up research papers and try to
implement them and compare results.
(If this is the preferred mode, can I have slots in my timeline dedicated
to reading papers, and further slot saying 'Will implement the algorithm',
not knowing precise details now)

Approach 2: Proceed keeping in mind a fixed algorithm/technique before
actually starting to code.
(If this is the preferred approach, can someone direct me to the desired
algorithm)

Regards,
Rabi Shanker Guha
(rabisg)