[Project-ideas] Query

Jibesh goodboy007.pro at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 11:29:44 PDT 2012

Hello devs,
I am Jibesh Patra doing my Mtech (Computer Science) from NIT Durgapur &
want to participate in current year's GSOC. While browsing through the
Project idea page one particular project that caught my eyes was 'Design
and development of a print ready OpenType font for Bengali' under the
mentorship of Sayamindu Dasgupta.
I am accustomed with fontforge and had made a few crude glyphs some time
back. I had actually used inkscape to draw the glyphs and then imported
them to fontforge.
I want to submit a proposal for the project but, I have a small query.
What does it take to make a font 'Print Ready' ?
Thanks and regards
--
Jibesh Patra
M Tech. Student,