[Project-ideas] [Discuss] GSOC Internship 2012

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 00:12:20 PDT 2012

Hi Soumajit,

We created a new mailing list to discuss the project ideas and I've
copied the list on this response. I'd request you to subscribe to
this. The details are provided at
<https://plus.google.com/b/111332687752284580880/111332687752284580880/posts/3ziPwcKomXD>

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Soumajit Pramanik
<soumajit.pramanik at gmail.com> wrote:

>                       I am Soumajit Pramanik, currently doing my M.Tech in
> computer sc from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. I have been informed
> by our teacher that you are participating in GSOC'2012 as a mentor
> organization. I want to participate in GSOC under the mentorship of your
> company. I have seen the list of projects offered by you. The topics are
> pretty much new to me. I just have some basic ideas about bengali character
> recognition using neural network. I do not know whether this will help or
> not. Though I do not have much prior experience about the topics, I am very
> much interested to learn and contribute.
>                       I am mailing this to both of your mailing lists. Shall
> I send my cv??

At this point there is no requirement of sending over your CV. I
appreciate your forthrightness in explaining that the projects are new
to you. What you see listed on our ideas page are to be considered as
problem statements. What we are looking for is the interested
candidate's ability to assimilate and interpret the idea, come up with
a draft of a proposal for the idea that interests him/her and
thereafter initiate a conversation.

<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>