[Project-ideas] GSoC

akshat kumar singh akshatsince1993 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 23:50:56 PDT 2012

I'm Akshat Kumar Singh,second time here.

I'm interested in following Proposal.*
*
Proposal Name:Improving the accuracy of OCR tools for Bengali language to
98%. (Mentor: Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay)

Aim:The Project is Aimed at Improving the accuracy of OCR tool to 98%.

Main Feature:
1.Analogue text based resource into Digitally text resource ,where text can
be represented as searchable item.
2."Primary Background dictionary" of words of Bengali language,which helps
in major improvement in accuracy.
3."Secondary Background dictionary" of user defined words.
4.Character by Character matching and ultimately word matching.
5.Online sync of important patches, constructed by Users.
6.Better Algorithm for word matching and some Artificial intelligence.

Implementation detail:
1.Better image quality nearly 500 dpi. higher dpi may reduce the processing
time
2.Better Brightness settings nearly 50%
3.Older documents should be scanned using RGB mode to maximize OCR
accuracy.
4.Better use of grayscale.
5.software will provide suggestions for unknown word.
6.OCR output to be checked using spell check.
7.Availability of editing function of the software to the user.

Plus if Time permits:

I would love to promote this Project Over Mobile Phone(for applications on
android,iOS,Marketplace),where it can act as a Portable Device.
and also I would like to work for Other foreign languages.

>From my side, i would like to know:

1.Reviews about the Proposal
2.How i can improve it better.
3.Core point in the Project to keep Bullseye over.

Hoping for positive response.

--
***AKSHAT KUMAR SINGH *