[Project-ideas] What is the Meaning of "None"

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 11:00:26 PDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Md. Mosiur Rahman
<lunatic.lunar.23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> An Email came from no-reply at google-melange.appspotmail.com to me. The
> subject is "Thank you for applying to Google Summer of Code 2012". It
> wrote just one word. "None". What is the meaning of it? I was the
> applicant of "Improve the accuracy of OCR tools for Bengali language
> to 98%". Am I disqualified from the competition?

The Melange system is not set up to send out any email notices before
23rd April. You do have a valid query which you can get clarified on
#gsoc.

And, Akshat, it doesn't necessarily mean what you interpreted it to
mean. It would have been better if you had indicated that your
response was what you think it means.

<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>