[Project-ideas] Query about a project idea

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 19:40:05 PDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 5:46 PM, Sampoorna Biswas
<sampoorna10074 at iiitd.ac.in> wrote:

> In the project "Develop a system with multi-lingual capabilities in order to
> receive answer to user specific queries.", how exactly does one 'determine
> the question'? I mean, what is the input here? Will a user query be
> classified into a query that already exists and the closest match be
> delivered?

The archives will have at least one email explaining some parts of the
questions you have raised. I hope you have had the chance to look
through them. I'd say that the system does not specifically
"determine" the question. The user can use the input area to provide a
string to query upon, it may be the form of a question or, it may be a
fragmented word. Whether your proposal would convert the user input
into a query to map to a pre-existing query is something you should
look at. Earlier in the conversation with others on this project, I
had mentioned that the constraints of a FAQ like system will
potentially devalue this implementation.

<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>