[Anubad] L10n Dashboard

Sayak Sarkar sayak.bugsmith at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 14:41:18 PST 2014

Hey Sankarshan,

First of all, I'm really really sorry for getting back to you on this so
late (over a month to be precise), however, was literally stuck with too
many things, and I somehow wanted to get a better understanding of where
the project stands and how it can shape up in the future before getting
back to you.

Going through all your suggestions the most important thing that came to my
mind was that I was somehow missing out on the perspective of project
maintainers / organizations. I guess it's time I started chalking down a
formal project documentation and come up with an architectural model for
such a system, before going back to churning out code.

>From what I have gathered so far here are some of the most important
high-level requirements that I can think of:-

   1. The system should provide a consolidated view for l10n statistics
   across projects and provide easy access to individual projects.
   2. The system should be capable of data visualization for real time data
   gathered from multiple sources, to provide enhanced reporting capabilities.
   3. The dashboard should be a double ended one: i.e. have separate views
   for organizations/maintainers and individuals.
   4. It has to be modularized, so as to separate the view from the
   back-end stores.
   5. It needs to easily deploy-able to enable individual teams to directly
   plug it to their own repositories and use it.
   6. The system has to be easily extendable to allow for easy
   modifications, as well as be light, efficient and user friendly.

I would like to know about your thoughts on these as well as ask if you
think should be any more added requirements for such a system?

In terms of development speed for the project, I agree that a project of
this scale needs more aggressive goals with quick iterations, however, at
the moment there aren't enough contributors to the development efforts for
the project and most of what is done is primarily by myself during my spare
time.

As such, I would like to draw more attention towards this project, and get
more contributors aboard, however, I'm still not quite sure about how to do
that. Do you have any ideas in mind by which this project can get more
contributors to work on the development efforts?
Regards,
Sayak

Homepage: http://sayak.in
About Me:  http://about.me/sayak_sarkar