[Anubad] Introduction

shan chak shankholove at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 19:12:25 PST 2014

Hi all,
My name is Shankhoneer Chakrovarty, I grew up in
Giridih<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giridih>, a
very small town, in India, currently I am a Master's student in computer
science department at University of Southern California.

My research interest lies in machine learning and natural language
processing. I am a graduate research assistant in offline handwritten text
recognition project at Information Sciences Institute <http://www.isi.edu> for
6 months now. In the past I had been a undergraduate research assistant in
Indian Institute of Information Technology where I worked on Tibetan OCR.

Since I have been working on different OCRs for so long and Bengali is my
mother tongue, I tried to search what advances have been made related to
Bengali OCRs which brought me to Ankur. I went through all of your
projects. First let me congratulate and thank all of you on tremendous work
that you guys have been doing for Bengali language.

I was particularly interested in your Bookworm project which is the bengali
OCR. This is where I think I can be of use given my long experience with
OCRs.

Besides academics and research, I am also a long distance runner (well
atleast I was before joining the grad school) and love long addas with
friends.

--Shankhoneer Chakrovarty