[Anubad] #ankur.org.in and public logs

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 07:05:53 PDT 2013

Hi,

I wanted to mention that we do not have a method to log the
conversations on the channel and make public logs available.

Part of this is because of a belief that everything that is said in
public is not specifically worth logging. But mostly, we do not
provide fair warning to participants on the channel that their
conversations will be logged and available in perpetuity.

Individuals who join the channel may have their IRC clients set-up to
log the conversations. However, Chatham House Rules [1] apply and,
those conversations should not be made public without documented
consent of all the participants in the conversation and, on the
channel.

If logging is an important aspect that you feel strongly about, I'll
have to figure out a way to set up meetbot so that it is available to
log meeting conversations for a specific duration.

[1] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chatham_House_Rule>

<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>