[Anubad] L10n Dashboard

Sayak Sarkar sayak.bugsmith at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 00:37:50 PST 2013

Hi,

Since the past few weeks I have been thinking about a problem that has been
a consistent pain for me ever since I started contributing to various l10n
projects here and there. The problem was that there was no single central
entity where I could go to, to find a list of all the projects that I
contribute to, and at the click of a button get directed to whichever
project's whichever locale I wanted to work on.

Too many URLs to remember, too many translation systems to remember, and
most importantly keeping track of all what's happening where, and what is
the statistics of the various projects. Having all these in a single place
would allow a contributor to make a better decision about which projects to
prioritize while working.

I looked up a bit and couldn't find any such dashboard, so as a prototype I
have started working on creating such an l10n-dashboard, which I think
might also be a helpful tool for other contributors well.

The project repository can be found at:
https://github.com/sayak-sarkar/l10n-dashboard with a detailed summary
about where I'm currently working on this project as well as the
prospective future roadmap of the project.

I'm quite interested to get some feedback on this project from the members
of this group to better understand how this tool can be better implemented.
Also, as it's already on GitHub, anyone can simply fork it and help me with
a pull request based upon the project roadmap.

A demo of the current prototype can also be found at:
http://sayak.in/l10n-dashboard. Not much at the moment, but it's atleast to
something to start with. :-)

Regards,
Sayak